Saying hello... and looking for some advice on selling stuff.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

Howdy all, it's been a long while since I was active on here. You folks sure have taken pen turning to another level. The pen on the main page made from cherry pits is incredible!!!

The past 6 years have been an awesome roller coaster. I finished my Master of Divinity, had 2 children born, and buried some beloved family members.

Anyhow, since my responsibilities in life have reached "critical mass", and since I have returned to my beloved lowcountry of South Carolina (where there are ALWAYS fish biting somewhere), I just don't have time to make a bunch of pens. I haven't touched my lathe in 8 months, although the itch has been itchy a few times lately.

I'm going to keep my tools, probably sell one of my lathes (the HF lathe) on Craigslist, and sell off 95% of my favorite pen blank stash (already posted these in the Deals forum).

However, I am also going to try to sell my unused pen kits. I don't have a lot, but I'm not sure how to fairly price them. Is half-price a fair price? These are things like Perfect-Fits, El Grande twists, etc. The only out-of-the-ordinary that I have are a half-dozen of the "tropical" Barons that AZsilhouette had a few years ago, I bought them and never used them. When I am ready, I'll post them up.

Do you have a PayPal account? Since I live in Mexico (but have a shipping address in Texas) that would be the easiest way for me to pay for your stuff. PM me if you think we can do business.

Last edited:

redfishsc

Yes, I do have a paypal but I don't want to accidentally turn this into a for sale thread, I think I'm kinda walking a fine line already lol.

Shipping out my blank collection will take all my time this week, aside from my normal 40hr job and my family. I'll post a thread later, perhaps in a week. There aren't a huge number of kits but I can't wager a guess on it now.

Top Bottom