Sandpaper equivelant to MM?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Beats me, but the highest grit MM (I think) equates to about 6000 grit.

If you dont have any MM yet, make your life a lot easier and get some. Definatly worth it and lasts much longer than sandpaper.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Here ya go

20061219223243_Copy%20of%20mmchart.jpg
<br />

samuel07

Skye
I've got some but I think I'm wearing it out too fast. The absolute best finishes I have done have been with brand new MM. I clean it almost after every use now. I was thinking of using regular sandpaper up to 2500 and then finishing with the last few MM grits. The way I cut a 9 x 11 sheet of sandpaper I can get 32 pieces of the size I like. Ultimately if you used new sandpaper on every pen it would not be that expensive and in theory should be more consistant.
How often do you clean your MM?

Thanks,

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
If you buy the 6x12 sheets of MM from Tangboy The cost is around $35.00+- delivered.
I cut those into 2x3 pieces and number them 1-9.
I have never counted how many pens I get out of a set.
On laundry day I give my wife the sets in a mesh bag and she throws them in the wash.
The stuff last forever.
IO have found with a high speed and a light touch it is difficult to"wear" them out.
I also have found I am less aggressive with the mm than I am with the grits up to 400.

Skye

Yeah, and he also sells the smaller sheets for a lot less, just incase you dont want to spend that much.

Oh, and I wet sand so much, I dont realy have to wash it. I kinda wash them before I use them... so.... I guess I do wash them... eh, you get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom