Same pen- different name?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

railrider1920

In a post I made not too long ago, I found out that the Sierra click is the same as the Wall Street II, from Wood Craft. The Gatsby from PSI looks to be the same as the others. Someone mentioned to me that the Baron is the same thing as the Navigator from Wood Craft.

I was wondering, is there a good list someplace that has a list of pen kits that are the same kit, but called by a different name by different companies? If you don't know of any already made up, if you know of a pen kit that has a few different names, would you please list them?
I think that a list like this would help out the people that are new to pen turning. I know it sure would help me.

Thanks

Rudy Vey

Woodcraft is a re-seller of Berea kits and re-names them, best example is the Baron (Berea name) that is called Navigator by Woodcraft. The Sierra type pens are Wallstreet at Woodcraft, Gatsby by PSI and Woodpenpro has a number of the same style pen in different motives on the band (like turtle, warrior, poker cards). Another example is th El Grande pen from Berea and its brother Ligero by CSUSA.
I don't think there is a list out there that compares the kits and their names by the different makers.

rjwolfe3

I've been working on a list but have to rely on other members here to get all of the info. Once it is done I will send it to Jeff to post if he wants to.

Top Bottom