same old same old

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DRAT

I'm looking for an unusual pen kit, not the same old same old kits.

Do you have a place where I can get a look at other pen kits other than what is carried at Rockler, Woodcraft, Bear Tooth and Pen Industries, etc? I'm not saying that any of the aforementioned are bad in any way, because they are not.

I just looking for a pen kit out of the ordinary to turn and assemble. Maybe something new?

Thanks much,

DRAT

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

For anything new keep your eye on Berea, P.S.I. and CSUSA. They are the ones that will offer anythign truly new if it is going to come from anywhere. Truly new designs are not that common though.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
What is new?

I'm looking for an unusual pen kit, not the same old same old kits.

Do you have a place where I can get a look at other pen kits other than what is carried at Rockler, Woodcraft, Bear Tooth and Pen Industries, etc? I'm not saying that any of the aforementioned are bad in any way, because they are not.

I just looking for a pen kit out of the ordinary to turn and assemble. Maybe something new?

Thanks much,

DRAT

I'm assuming by new, you are meaning something that looks different. In reality, there is not much "new" that can be done to pen kits - someone is offering stainless steel, but it doesn't look all that different from chrome.

Most of what is new, to change the looks and make the pens unique, seems to be being done in blanks. Which you don't need a new kit.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Try kit-less or custom modification of current kits. Or building/segmenting your own blanks or casting your own. There are lots of possibilities yet to be discovered.

The Pen Mill also offers some possibilities for change.

Top Bottom