Salted oak blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Krash

Gotta love my local wood shop, Exotic Woods of Albuquerque. I just went in and they had just put out some oak from a rotted old log. Great spalting and just $1 per blank!

Can't wait to see it turned and finished.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 241
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

I'm sorry...I can't resist. I had to know what "salted" oak blanks look like! :biggrin:
I'm the last guy that should pick on typing errors but I just couldn't resist!!!
Anyway, they should make some great pens! Make sure to take pictures!

Krash

I'm sorry...I can't resist. I had to know what "salted" oak blanks look like! :biggrin:
I'm the last guy that should pick on typing errors but I just couldn't resist!!!
Anyway, they should make some great pens! Make sure to take pictures!

Salt 'n Peppah!

Krash

That's a steal! Hopefully they taste well being already salted :biggrin:

Will we see some pen pics from these today?

Wow, don't I wish!

I got a bunch of irons in the fire and so many projects and ideas needing attention. My son is getting married in 3 weeks and is busy making pens for all the groomsmen and bridesmaids so I am busy helping him plus getting the house in order for the rehersal lunch.

These spalted blanks will be for fun .... sometime. I have a segmenting investigation brewing that I want to be on the top of my list right now. I have all the planning done and documented and it's driving me crazy not dropping everything and proceeding to the trial stage. Once I get that settled, I will be posting the results to the community for all to try.

SteveJ

I stopped by that shop when I was in Albuquerque last summer - he has an amazing amount of wood and blanks in there at some pretty good prices! From the pictures it looks like he has moved into a larger facility.

Top Bottom