Sad/funny story

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

We have been living with my 89 yr. old father in law while my wife and I have been building a new house. It turned cold this weekend in N. Texas and he decided to build a fire on Sat/Sunday. We had moved into our new house early last week and have been movng stuff from his house to ours. I got to my shop tools and wood stash this afternoon and noticed that some logs were missing. I had placed some 12" logs on his woodpile back in May and forgot they were there. Walnut, Osage orange, mesquite, and apricot. Anyone ever cast ashes in polyester resin? Luckily I had 6 or so of each one and he did get a mix and I have some of all 4 left. But hey, you gotta love him. He is a gem of a guy. Just thought I would share this funny story.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

low_48

Don,
I hope to hell that I can even build a fire when I'm 89, let alone split the 12" log and carry it to the fire!!!!!!!!!!!! If you need some osage blanks, I'll send you some plain grain for the shipping only.

Rich

its_virgil

Thanks for the offer but I still have 5 more OO logs to cut. It was no great loss since I have 5 logs of each wood left. I just thought it was a funny story and you guys would get a laugh. It would have been worse if I only had one log of each wood. Seems that everyone who knows I turn calls every time a tree goes down closed to them. Not a bad thing either.
do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by low_48
<br />Don,
I hope to hell that I can even build a fire when I'm 89, let alone split the 12" log and carry it to the fire!!!!!!!!!!!! If you need some osage blanks, I'll send you some plain grain for the shipping only.

Rich

Scott

Don,

My Dad is 87 and lives with us. Up until a couple of years ago he would help out by mowing the yard, using a riding mower. I can't even tell you how many bushes and small trees we lost because he couldn't see them, and mowed right over them! ;-)

Scott.

its_virgil

Yea Scott, you gotta love 'em and I don't have the heart to tell him he just burned 250 pen blanks. But hey, what is 250 free penblanks in the overall scheme of things? I didn't even cut the logs, just drove by and loaded them in the truck. I'll never miss them. But we are home now and my shop gets moved out of his garage and into MY-not a garage-SHOP this afternoon and tomorrow. I will finally have a designated shop. Maybe a shop picture to post in a few days, before it gets cluttered.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Scott
<br />Don,

My Dad is 87 and lives with us. Up until a couple of years ago he would help out by mowing the yard, using a riding mower. I can't even tell you how many bushes and small trees we lost because he couldn't see them, and mowed right over them! ;-)

Scott.

jkirkb94

Ouch!!!! Just like having a dog that ate the steak off the grill and you didn't realize it until later[:(] Laughing at the situation is sometimes the only way to keep from crying[V] Kirk[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom