rugged pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

I have a Fisher Bullet Series Space Pen. This has been banging around quite literally for a few years now in one pocket or another. It has been dropped, kicked, run over, used (with a dead blow) as a punch, and regularly gets put through the washer and dryer. With two chips in the powder coating and a tiny dent on each end I would say it, after all the abuse it has taken, qualifies as a rugged pen.

The only part I don't like is the refill. Yeah I know it is the whole draw but it is not as bold or smooth as a roller ball which I prefer. I know there is a lot of emphasis on pretty but I don't worry about dropping this pen, like I do the Jr. Gent or the Zen. Is there a kit out there that would qualify as a rugged pen? Something that can take a beating? Or am I making this one from scratch?

I know a roller ball refill will never survive the washer and drier but the cap could contain the ink. With the many trips through washer and dryer, the fisher cap NEVER came off.

Mapster

I don't know any rollerballs that are that rugged, but there are some ballpoints. A very rugged pen is the Guardian and the Guardian Jr. from PSI. I have had a full size guardian for a while and it has survived the wash and being dropped and such. With a good refill, it will write much like a rollerball. I have contemplated throwing it against a brick wall to see what happens, but my better side keeps me from doing it...

Top Bottom