Rubberized CA, Black

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

I bought some of the rubberized black CA from the group buy Daniel has going. I bought it becuase it was there and I never saw it or used it before.

Can somebody tell me what can I use this for [?] and what application it has in pen turning [?]

Maybe filling voids in black instead of clear [?]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

paleydp

Instead of cutting a groove and burning it in with a wire, try filling it in with black CA, then sanding it back flush with the body. It ends up looking like thin black segmented bands.

G

I've tried it to fill black grin void in deer antler and have found it doesn't get hard.
The sample tube finally dried up and I tossed it.
I wish I had it the other day for an ebony void,might have tried it again.
I believe Jason from Woodturningz said he tried it for gluing tubes on acrylic where the tubes might show through and said that unless you get even coverage the brass still shows.

wayneis

I have some and when I tried it was suprised at how thin it was, I thought that it would be sort of like a thick CA. Maybe mine is bad, but I have not had it for long and I just opened it.

Wayne

Scott

I bought some through Daniel's Group Buy a few months ago, and I have been using it to glue the shafts of turning tools into new handles. So far it seems to be working great for that!

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom