Rubber grip?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

I have a customer who is dead set on a Black Ti Slimline Pro Click pen from PSI. The problem is that they would like a rubber grip like the Comfort line. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could use? The Slimline Pro uses a 8mm tube but the Comfort is a 7mm tube. I know that many of you do not like the grips but that is ok, my customer does and is willing to pay for it. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

TIA

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fiferb

Drill out the 7mm rubber grip? Not sure how much room there is to play. Maybe use a file on it to enlarge the hole? Just thinking out loud. (sort of)

rjwolfe3

I was thinking that very thing. I will have to wait until the kits come in and see how much room I have to play with. I was also wondering if I could buy a plastic pen from a office supply store and use the rubber grip from that. Has anyone tried something like that before?

Daniel

have you tried to slip the grip over an 8mm tube? being rubber it should stretch at least some, the question is if it is enough. heating it with warm water could help also.

Daniel

I've seen just the grips for sale in bookstores, you can add them to any pen or pencil you want.

I was thinking that very thing. I will have to wait until the kits come in and see how much room I have to play with. I was also wondering if I could buy a plastic pen from a office supply store and use the rubber grip from that. Has anyone tried something like that before?

I have a customer who is dead set on a Black Ti Slimline Pro Click pen from PSI. The problem is that they would like a rubber grip like the Comfort line. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could use? The Slimline Pro uses a 8mm tube but the Comfort is a 7mm tube. I know that many of you do not like the grips but that is ok, my customer does and is willing to pay for it. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

TIA

I think the rubber is soft enough you could probably slip it up over the 8mm tube.. You know it's only a silly millimeter larger..(A play on an old old cigarette commercial)..

If you need some, I have a few I didn't use on the comforts I made... I didn't like the looks of them when they were finished..

thewishman

My concern would be where the grip meets the nib end. There may be less material than is needed for a smooth transition. I also have several comfort grips you are welcome to.

alphageek

Former Moderator
My concern would be where the grip meets the nib end. There may be less material than is needed for a smooth transition. I also have several comfort grips you are welcome to.

Also, the rubber is sized not only for a 7mm tube, but also for a slimline nib. I know there is a pretty good difference in diameter between a slimline nib and slimline pro nib.

Top Bottom