Rubber Duckie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wouldentu2?

Awhile ago I was going to create a celtic ring pen and found I had no ebony. I figured why not use a record album. That was not successful but this was. Hope the picture actually appears as I have only posted on other picture last year. IMG_0541.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTsideshow

Awhile ago I was going to create a celtic ring pen and found I had no ebony. I figured why not use a record album. That was not successful but this was.

Thanks, wish I could have gotten a better picture showing the individual laminations.

What was the material you used as neither your photo or your description states what it was or than the vinyl record album wasn't successful. Since the photo doesn't give any indication, Nor does the subject heading of this thread.
:clown:

wouldentu2?

Sorry about the incompleteness of the post I was so focused on figuring out how to post with the photo.

The material for the pen body is a record album, when I started to go thru my 3 feet of albums to pick one to use each I selected were rejected as being one I did not want to lose even though I never listen to them. I did find a Sesame Street album featuring Rubber Duckie from my now adult daughter that fit the bill.

The album was cut into 1" square pieces and epoxied together, it took a whole album to make this pen. The center of the album was not used, nor the edges.

I used 5 minute epoxy and glued up ten pieces at a time due to slippage of all those pieces. Then I glued up the four sub-assemblies. It drilled and turned nicely and remains without any finish. You can see and feel the laminations in the body of the pen.

Sorry about the incompleteness of the post I was so focused on figuring out how to post with the photo.

The material for the pen body is a record album, when I started to go thru my 3 feet of albums to pick one to use each I selected were rejected as being one I did not want to lose even though I never listen to them. I did find a Sesame Street album featuring Rubber Duckie from my now adult daughter that fit the bill.

The album was cut into 1" square pieces and epoxied together, it took a whole album to make this pen. The center of the album was not used, nor the edges.

I used 5 minute epoxy and glued up ten pieces at a time due to slippage of all those pieces. Then I glued up the four sub-assemblies. It drilled and turned nicely and remains without any finish. You can see and feel the laminations in the body of the pen.

I had the same idea but using old scratched CD's instead. It's one of the items in my "to do" list

Top Bottom