Rub on transfers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chief Hill

I was thinking of doing some rub on transfers in peoples initials. These are like stickers only much thinner. Or by using the type of transfers from model car kits. The type you wet and slide onto your project. With a nice layer of Ca it may look good. Anybody try this?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Phunky_2003

I've used some of the "waterslide" type decals. They work pretty well as long as you get the crystal clear paper. I ended up with some that had a slight tint on them. I use the paper sold with models now. I'd show a pic of one I finished yesterday, but son done jacked my camera again. I'll post tonight if I can get him to bring camera back. They do turn out nice if you use thin coats of ca and build up a smooth finish.

James

jaywood1207

I have done the rub on transfers on bottle stoppers. Sorry about the blurry picture but you get the idea. It's been a couple years but I believe I put some lacquer on first then the transfer and then added more lacquer for protection.

Attachments

• DSCF2300 (Small).JPG
    DSCF2300 (Small).JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 144

Chief Hill

Here the Results

Thanks to all for the help here is the result. Holly wood and Bloodwood. With RCMP badge. Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
This was done with wet slide decal.

Attachments

• P9110005.jpg
    P9110005.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 162
  • P9110007.jpg
    P9110007.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 179
  • Psdsws.jpg
    Psdsws.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 135
Last edited: