Royal Pen Tranny Problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rockytime

I just tried assembling this pen. I think it is a PSI product but do not remember for sure. Before calling I'm looking for some advice here. The pen is a twist pen. The tranny is steel with brass threads. I think the steel should twist independently from the threaded brass part. I hope I'm explaining it correctly. Mine won't. It will not twist and appears it is frozen solid. Anyone done one of these before?

Attachments

• 2016-02-18 18.28.37.jpg
    2016-02-18 18.28.37.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 230
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

That looks like a pretty standard tranny. Yes it should twist as you say. And, yes, it is a PSI product called Crown Jewel. I would think PSI would send you a replacement tranny if you phone and ask. Don't email, though ... they only respond to phone

1-800-377-7297

https://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKRYL24.html

Last edited:

qquake

I've had transmissions like that that were just stiff. Have you just held it in your hands and tried to twist it, or have you screwed it into the pen then tried to twist it?

Rockytime

what.. you cannot just machine a new one?? lol[/quote

Well, unfortunately way beyond my poor skills to do so. I did get it to move with padded pliers but just barely. Will call PSI Monday. Did go to the segmenting demo at Woodcraft today. Escaped without spending a dime but did see an Incra miter gauge I may not be able to live without.

Sorry to get off topic.

Top Bottom