Router Jig

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Does anyone use a router to enhance their pens.??? Maybe you have a jig set-up that you do not mind sharing. Looking to put some stripes in a miniture pool cue. The kind that has points on the end. It is tapered. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rlharding

The only thing I can tell you is that there are lots of examples on the web. I have too much time on my hands, or is it money to spend... anyway, I spend a lot of time looking at wood turning sites of all types. I always read the articles and tips as there is a wealth of information out there. I have often seen pictures of router set ups. In fact somebody on the forum has posted a picture of a legacy mill set up. I would think anyone who is handy could look at the setup and do something similar.

Sfolivier

Anthony Turchetta is the one who uses the legacy mill to turn spiral pens ("Trieste" series). I believe that his article is in the library, or in the articles of the Pen Turners Guild's website.

RMB

A simple jig that I have seen for making horizontal cuts is an L shapped plywood contraption. The bottom of the L simply slides along the lathe bed. The tall part of the L has a clamp of some kind that holds a laminate trim router, dremel, whatever horizontally, and at the height of the center of your turning.

jwoodwright

This is a piece of cake with the Legacy. I got mine for Christmas and I'm still not where I want to be...

Serge from Australia has a jig he built with the laminate trimmer.

jttheclockman

Well I don't have a legacy so that is out. Does this Serge from australia have a web site or an email or pictures of his set-up??? The hard part is to be able to slide the router along either a straight line or a tapered line. Using a small laminate trimer is ideal for things like this. May have to expand this question to turning sites.

Top Bottom