Rotacrylic blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

avbill

I've turned my third rotacrylic blank, by master scroller - Jeff --What an exciting transformation from blank to finish pen. Just finish a drama theme for my neighbor She just graduated from high school and will be going to a drama /theater college. . The blanks are amazing. Easy to turn, And polish up. The coloring of the Bonsai is classily. Thanks Jeff You can get these from Exoticblanks. :):):)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I heartily agree with Bill. Jeff Powell's Rotacrylic blanks are "new life" to penturning !!!!
.... the absolutely stunning surprise you get from turning these blanks is spectacular ...
Pictures don't show the effect, but if you want pictures, I posted a pic of 7 pens I made here:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/rotacrylics-masterscroller-131149/
You *HAVE* to turn one to see the almost miraculous transformation from a kinda ho-hum exterior to the sparkling, iridescent internal beauty. Jeff Powell makes several dozen different imaged designs and everyone gives a different surprise.

As Bill said, they turn easy ... like butter ... and they polish beautifully ... no CA or finish coat needed. Just go through the grits from 320 up to 2000 ... or use micromesh to go even further but 2000 is enough ... wet sanding suggested, then polish with Novus or any plastic polish.

Check them out at Exoticblanks.com, under Guest Artists, and then Master Scroller ... or do a site search for Rotacrylic.

Ask ed4copies about Rotacrylics ... he'll talk your ear off !!!!

They are not cheap, but they are worth every penny. You get 2 blanks with a $22.00 outlay. One blank has an engraved/backfilled image on it (see my picture); the other blank has matching colors but no image ... blanks are about 4.5" long. So you can do a 2 barrel pen, or two single barrel pens (one with image, matching one without image). I like to do them on single barrel kits, like the Vertex ... just the right size to show off the image ... and then use the other color-matched blank to make something else like another pen or a couple of key chains or a couple of seam rippers. The image blank is partially drilled for a 3/8" tube and you should drill that size from end to end first. But you can up the size after that, and make many styles of pens based on 3/8" tubes, 27/64" tubes, 12.5mm tubes, and on up. These blanks would not be good for slimlines or 8mm styles.

Jeff Powell ..... Master Scroller ..... workinforwood (on IAP) ..... he's DA MAN !!! ExoticBlanks.com is your go-to source.

Last edited:

SDB777

The link I posted to my pen picture works for me. Let's try it again :
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/rotacrylics-masterscroller-131149/
Yup, that one works also.

Your correct, your link works. But unless you are also 'avbill'(OP post doesn't show photo/link)? I typically use quotes, or even a username if other then the OP is being asked....

So my thread in the post here is still applicable......come on avbill, show us, it sort of teasing.:biggrin:

Scott (breakfast time) B

Jim Smith

He does make beautiful blanks doesn't he. Jeff's blanks make gorgeous and unique pens and the people I've given them to all loved them. Please post a photo so we can see the pen.

Jim Smith

avbill

I which I could The last one was a drama facemark I turned the pen the actual day she graduated from high school. Her interested are in music, drama, and dance. I'm sorry I can't help with a photo

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Here are a few that customers have sent to me, with permission to use them as I wish.

Attachments

• 81A-1stCavalryEmblem.jpg
    81A-1stCavalryEmblem.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 162
  • 81A-SaxophonePlayer.jpg
    81A-SaxophonePlayer.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 81B-Tuxedo.jpg
    81B-Tuxedo.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 196

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager