Rosewood Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

tone

I have a Doctor who want me to make him a pen from rosewood burl. Rosewood seems to be very popular among easern Indians. Searching the net all I can find is veneer in rosewood burl. I tried redwood burl as a possible substitute but didn't care for it. Does anyone know a source for rosewood burl?

Tony

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Tony,

I've seen a few pens here made of rosewood burl. Here is a couple links you may want to look at and contact the members if they still have any they can spare OR ask them their source.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=9239
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12436

I personally only have a blank or 2 in my private stash (from a trade)...will help you but not sure if it is even worth shipping just that.

Good luck!!!

Fangar

That is a little harder to find from my experience. Looks very nice though.

If you are ever interested in the some angle cut Bolivian Rosewood, I have some big ol blanks of that:

2006323174417_bolrosewoodcigar.jpg

Cheers,

Fangar

tone

Fangar, I'm not usually crazy about angle cut blanks, though I must say that pen is beautiful. The finish is dazzling! The first pen set I used a CA finish on was the best for me. It's been down hill ever since. I'm going to have to re read your method again and give it a shot.

Tony

OSCAR15

Fanger: I am NO fan of CA finishes, but....That pen is awesome!
I would love to get some angle cut rosewood...Where is it available?
OSCAR

Fangar

Oscar,

I have some of the wood that I cut up into blanks. They are oversized and would work for even the larger kits. I will look through my stock and see what I have for sure. Send me a pm if you are interested. I can get you a price too.

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom