Roman Harvest problems??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

I just saw a thread on another forum where the fellow was having the pen pull apart, has any one else encountered this? I know there's Loctite we have a bottle in the shop, but I was considering buying a few since they look so nice. Any advise or was the guy just having an isolated incident?? I've seen a lot of these pens lately and I still have a few of the Cambridge which is basically the same pen, but I hate turning down the ugly black ring and making a cover for it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

simomatra

I just saw a thread on another forum where the fellow was having the pen pull apart, has any one else encountered this? I know there's Loctite we have a bottle in the shop, but I was considering buying a few since they look so nice. Any advise or was the guy just having an isolated incident?? I've seen a lot of these pens lately and I still have a few of the Cambridge which is basically the same pen, but I hate turning down the ugly black ring and making a cover for it.

The harvest and the Cambridge are not the same the ID of the upper tube is different. You can get away with glueing the parts in if you use a harvest kit on a bought Cambridge blank with tubes in.

Hope this helps

bitshird

Thanks Sam, I don't have any of the Roman Harvest kit, I was getting ready to buy a few when I saw some on saying that the hardware was loose in his tubes and he could easily pull them apart,

EricJS

I placed a Roman Harvest center band into a Cambridge tube and it was very loose. I had to locktite them together, as they were from two different kits.

This is probably where the confusion came from. David sent out a number of extra center bands for his customers to replace the Cambridge center bands with.

Justturnin

I am pretty sure my post is what promted this. I placed a few drops on the brass and pressed the pen back together and it is perfect. David from Timberbits has been there every step of the way making sure I am satisfied with my purchase, which I am and I will order more if they are available.

Bobalu

I am pretty sure my post is what promted this. I placed a few drops on the brass and pressed the pen back together and it is perfect. David from Timberbits has been there every step of the way making sure I am satisfied with my purchase, which I am and I will order more if they are available.

Just curious. Was the fit between the tubes and hardware actually loose? Sometimes, if you don't align everything properly during the assembly process, you can enlarge the tubes a bit making the fit loose. Of course, I've never done this, but have lots of friends that have. :biggrin::biggrin:

Justturnin

Just curious. Was the fit between the tubes and hardware actually loose? Sometimes, if you don't align everything properly during the assembly process, you can enlarge the tubes a bit making the fit loose. Of course, I've never done this, but have lots of friends that have. :biggrin::biggrin:

It was loose becasue when I press I pen I press it togther as much as possible by hand and it went all the way in.

Top Bottom