roman harvest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Whaler

I have made quite a few and have one minor complaint. Some of the kits the hardware seems undersize for the tube, you can seat the hardware with only finger pressure. Easy fix with a drop of blue Loktite though.

PenMan1

The good is that there is no black plastic ring like the old Cambridge. Additionally , the plating quality seems equal to or better than Cambridge. The Roman Harvest fountain can frequently be purchased for less than $20. The Cambridge fountain is over $30 and is the same price each for 1 or 50.

The bad part is the ink pump on Roman Harvest is "Hit or Miss" quality. Another bad thing is that with 10 sets of hardware I got 7 different caliper reading on the inside tube diameters. Some tubes fit so tight that the inside tube diameter had to be filed down in order to build the set. Others were so loose that they required epoxy to be built.

Over all, I think it is worth taking the chance on Roman Harvest. The tubes can be made to fit properly with just a forewarning. As best I can find, it is at least $15 per set less than Cambridge.

Last edited:

randyrls

Craig; I'm working on my first one, so I'm interested in this too!

It looks good at this point, but the tubes are slightly different sizes than the Cambridge, so you will need to get bushings and make a sleeve for the tubes.

Whaler

The bushings are different sizes comparing the Roman Harvest bushings that I have against the bushing chart in the library. I don't have any Cambridge bushings to physically try.

Whaler

I believe that the Roman Harvest is made in Mainland China, I like the kit but QC is suspect. I think the Hybrid Cambridge is a nicer pen but spendy.

Top Bottom