Rollerball twist or click kit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

medlongpens

Is there a pen kit out there that uses a rollerball, but is a twist or a click pen? I know with some kits you can just cut a rollerball refill to the length of a Parker and it will work, but I wouldn't sell a pen that way.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

Rollerballs are capped to keep them from drying out. I suspect that's one of the reasons you don't see them used in twist / click pens.

Ed

vakmere

Pilot, Pentel, and Papermate refills are what I think he is referring to. I would like to see these refills in click kits.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Schmidt advertises that the EasyFlow 9000 refill uses rollerball-type ink. But, of course, it has the characteristic sawtooth top design so that it will work properly in ballpoint pens, with "transmissions".

Additionally, gel type refills were introduced, around 2000, also to emulate the feel of a rollerball.

Every person will have their own opinion about how close these come to real rollerballs, but they do not dry out and they ARE designed to work in a ballpoint pen.

FWIW,
Ed

KenV

Seth -- I have several shirts with ink stains from a non covered tip of a roller ball pen.

The ink wicks so nicely and spreads so well.

The higher end ballpoints do not wick and convert dress shirts to hunting and fishing shirts, and the ball points avoid triggering the wifely lectures..........

Why would you want a wicking tip by design, instead of lack of attention (or incompetence according to the above noted lecture).

Top Bottom