Rollerball refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

What is the name for the refill used on a rollerball.....ie..
What do I tell the customer to go in a store and ask for....AND.....how hard is it going to be to find a rollerball refill with green ink?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

ren-lathe

All of the larger office supply stores like staple, office max, etc. carry them, as was said earlier they are roller ball refills.You find them in with the pens they sell

keithbyrd

All of the larger office supply stores like staple, office max, etc. carry them, as was said earlier they are roller ball refills.You find them in with the pens they sell

Can you help me with which roller ball refills work? I have picked up several at Satles, office max and have problems gettting them to fit. I have been telling folks they have to buy Schmidt or Hauser online!:redface::confused: I would love to point them to a new source.

randyrls

Can you help me with which roller ball refills work? I have picked up several at Satles, office max and have problems gettting them to fit. I have been telling folks they have to buy Schmidt or Hauser online!:redface::confused: I would love to point them to a new source.

I would not suggest the Hauser refills supplied with many pens. If you get "some" high end and expensive kits, they come with a Schmidt refill. Some of the turners here, me included, replace the refill with a Schmidt when assembling the pen. If you want to try this write with both the Hauser and Schmidt for a week of two and see which you prefer.

The situation with the fit is that some platings are thicker than others and can reduce the size of the nib opening. If you get a slightly larger than spec refill, it may not fit. You can drill out the nib hole slightly with a number bit, but you have to be careful not to make it too large.

Last edited:

Robert111

I checked Staples and there are definitely quite a few different sizes of rollerball refills. I couldn't open the packaging and try them; however, the Parkers looked like the right size to replace my Schmidt.

PenMan1

The Waterman roller ball refills and the Uniball roller ball refills fit nicely into the pens we build that use Schmidt 888 and 5888 refills.

The Waterman refills perform on a level with the 5888s, but at more than twice the price.

Some of the Uniball refills are available with permanent (uneffected by acetone washing) gel based ink. IMHO, these refills are NOT as smooth as Schmidt or Waterman, but are less expensive alternative to 8888 and offers a choice for customers that worry about "disappearing ink".

PenMan1

Another direction:
If you choose NOT to offer refills, why not direct your customers to Exotic Blanks, Classic Nibs, Indy Pen Dance or some of the other quality vendors here that offer 5888 and 888?

By recommending these vendors, you can rest assured that your customers will get the finest refills available at the best pricing, rapid shipment and just great customer service. AT THE SAME TIME , you are "indirectly " supporting the IAP buy supporting the vendors that help make the IAP a reality.

In my simple mind, this is a win-win-win situation.

Respectfully submitted.

zig613

Another one that fits the rollerball pens such as the JR Gent II, Churchill, etc. and that is readily available at Staples, WalMart, etc. (at least up here in Canada) is the Pilot G2 Gel.

Wade

Top Bottom