Rollerball refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

I have been reading some of the past threads on these. I know and personally hate the Hauser 707 refills that come with kits. I usually give anyone that buys one an additional refill and tell them when the one in there runs out to replace it with this better one and that is the one to get. SO there are alot of choices and I just saw that some are using the Pilot G2 as a refill. I didn't believe it would fit until I tried it.

What I am looking for is a good quality refill. I usually have on had the Schmidt 888 and the Schneider topball 850. Stick with those or should I add in the G2? REASON is it is time to find more refills.

Thanks

toddlajoie

IMO, the only real advantage to the G2s is you can get them at Staples and such, where depending on where you live, you might need to mail order the other ones. I'm not a big fan of the flexibility of the G2s, but they do write decent...

OKLAHOMAN

I no longer sell the Barons or Sodonas that the Hauser refills come in but when I did I switched to the Schmidt 5888 or 888.All my rollerballs now have the 5888. I do carry some G2's for the person that just has to have them and always when asked what refill fits I direct them to my site if they casn't find the 5888 local and tell them in passing that the g2 will work. I also point out that I don't charge shipping for refills (this gets them to my site and opens up the possibility for future sales).

airrat

The 5888 is the metal refill correct.

I have been reading the plastic ones "flex". I also notice and have had it happen to me on the Hauser where the smaller part actually broke. (right above the nib) Has anyone had this happen with the Schmidt or the Schneider plastic?

Top Bottom