Rollerball Refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ncboyntx

I have a potential customer asking a question about refills for a Baron rollerball pen. He wants to know if they are readily available and what kind o refill it requires. Since I have never purchased a refill for a rollerball I can't truthfully answer his question. Can someone on the forum give me the answers?

TIA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I pick up refills for Barons all the time at Office Depot. They have black, blue and red. Wish I could tell you the manufacturer and model name but I don't remember them. Just take one down there sometime and you can find them by matching the shape.

Todd

its_virgil

All refills are readily available. Any popular office supply store will have the refills for any of our kit pens and even the cartridges for the fountain pens. The brand is not important, just the profile or shape of the rollerball refill. Several brands are available. Just tell the customer to take the used RB refill in and get one that has the same shape and profile. It will be no problem at all. Our suppliers have refills...maybe you could order some and just tell your customers to get refills from you...another way to make a few bucks.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by ncboyntx
<br />I have a potential customer asking a question about refills for a Baron rollerball pen. He wants to know if they are readily available and what kind o refill it requires. Since I have never purchased a refill for a rollerball I can't truthfully answer his question. Can someone on the forum give me the answers?

TIA

Rifleman1776

Actually (sorry for contradicting [:I] ) refills for the Baron can be difficult to locate. Our local office supply stores don't carry any that will fit. In the two bigger towns I shop in, neither Office Depot or Staples carry any.
Tangboy, on this forum sells them.
With my own shopping research and help of others here, this is a list of refills that will fit the Baron:
Hauser 707 and 777
Schmide 888 (and 888 series)
Pilot G-2
Zebra JF
Cross 8521 blue and 8523 black.

Stopped by my local Office Depot (here in Southern California) for other reasons and checked their refills for Barons. They have several that look like they are the right size and shape to work but here are the three that I have been using. They are rollerball refills called 'Pilot Gel Ink' and they have a fine tip. The part numbers are below.

526-550, $2.09 for 2, Black
526-587, $2.09 for 2, Blue
526-596, $2.09 for 2, Red

I just had a look at their website (www.officedepot.com) and the black and the blue refills can be ordered off their website (just do a search for a part number). The red ones didn't show up but they have them in the store here.

I'm sure there are many brands, styles and sources out there but this should give you a good start.

Todd

JimGo

I use the Mont Blanc refills. They aren't cheap, but the ink lasts a long time, they don't skip until the refill is close to being completely dry, and, as a lefty, the ink dries quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom