Rollerball Refill Issue???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Here is a question that has been bugging me. A few days ago, my Mom told me that the pen I gave her wasn't working right, like the ink was drying up. I thought that wasn't possible, as I just gave it to her at Christmas, and she has only used it once or twice. She said that she has not left the cap off. I tried it, and it was working as she said.

So my question is this. Should it have dried out like that? And if so, do most customers have knowledge of this issue, or do I need to educate them? It was a PR 5888 fine tip. Thanks everyone in advance!

Sincerely,
David

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

dansills

Ok, will be looking into getting newer refills and I will try the heat method on the one that is going bad. Thanks!

David

So I threw a lot of refills away and have come to the conclusion of shelf life and humidity kill Schmidt refills! I tried the heat - didn't work well for me at all ( spit ink after that). Let me know how yours does please - oh yeah I am going to the Tupperware storage idea!
Dan

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Tip only

I apply a little heat only to the tip....I can picture low humidity as being a problem because things will dry up faster in lower humidity.

The problem is usually the ink drying around the tip first and blocking the flow, a little heat seems to loosen it so it can be cleared and allow normal flow again. That's been my experience anyway.

Top Bottom