rollerball refill for click style pen???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Timbo

I have a customer that wants me to make him one of my flag themed Corian pens. I usually make these in a cap style pen, but he wants a click style (1st choice), or twist style that uses a rollerball refill. Is there a rollerball type refill that will work in a cigar click style pen? I know the ezflow 9000 is rollerball like and will work, but I was wondering if there was another solution someone might have identified. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Timbo

No.

The size is wrong - too short.

And rollerball refills need to be capped.

In my understanding at least...

Its obvious to most of us (including me) that the dimensions of a standard rollerball refill wont allow it to work in a pen made to accept a Parker refill. What I'm asking is if anyone manufactures a rollerball type refill in the form factor of a parker refill, so that it could be used as a replacement for the Parker refill. One of our IAP suppliers might be able to answer this more definitively.

You might have something there with it needing to be capped, assuming you mean to prevent it drying out. Be nice if some wiz-bang smart guy has come up with a solution for that too!

KenV

I understand that there are now some roller ball refills that do not dry out if uncovered. The other risk/experience with roller balls has been wicking of ink into shirt pockets -- and great difficulty to impossible getting the ink out (shirt then suitable for wearing to do lathe work only).

Dan Masshardt

I've heard about those it not seen them.

Maybe someday we'll have refills that will fit, but not today.

I'm kind of doubting that they will be Parker sized when they do. It would be nice though.

penmaker56

There are no roller ball refills in the standard Parker style refill; now there are roller ball refills that are shorter than the 888/5888 series, but they would be thicker than a ball point refill or a 888/5888, that would be either a P812X or a mini812X, BUT, they have to have a sealing cap to prevent drying out. The closest thing to a roller ball refill, in a Parker style ball point refill would be a gel ink refill, the pros: smoothest writing refill, quick drying gel ink; cons: limited number of lineal feet of writing, expensive. The next best thing to gel ink Parker style refills would be the easyFLOW9000, by Schmidt, which is a low viscosity, ball point ink.

Top Bottom