Rollerball pen kit with Gold /Chrome and crystals

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stephen

I am unable to find a rollerball pen kit in gold and chrome with a single crystal/crystals because of a special request the customer wants for order of 10 pens i.e. a flower laser inlay in the lower barrel. I have found a rose laser inlay with tube sizes in 27/64 & 3/8 which may be OK for the lower barrel and for the larger upper barrel perhaps a matching plain blank. Now after a lot of searching and frustration I am not able to find a R/B kit to meet these requirements.
I would be grateful for suggestions.
Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Some times you have to explain to the customer you do not make the kits and there is so many things you can do. Does the JR Majestic from PSI do anything for you. As far as inlays you may have to contact those people who do that work.

Akula

Thoughts I just had;

Can you do scroll work? Lot of little cutting.

What about a laser burn out the areas, then you could fill with color.

Does it have to be inlay?

Polymer clay would do the job very well. This is how I would go if it was me on a Majestic squire

lhowell

Penn State Industries has the Broadwell Art Deco series with some Rollerballs with crystals. I realize that they take 10.5mm (lower barrel) and 12.5mm (upper barrel). But if you are up for the challenge, 12.5mm in inches is 0.49213 and 27/64 is 0.421875. If you can somehow fit the laser inlay kit together off the tube or drill the main tube without shattering it to bits to a 12.5mm diameter that would work and then use a standard blank for the lower barrel??

lhowell

Another suggestion you may want to try is Tori and her clay floral pen blanks. There is a kit (not rollerball) called the Zoe (uses 8mm tubes) from r and b crafts with a crystal on the end and in the clip that she can mold a floral polymer clay blank. Grant it, you will spend about $50-70 per pen on supplies to do it this way but they look great!

She has a thread in the classifieds about her polymer clay blanks on this site.

Stephen

Thanks to all the suggestions. The customer has been informed that the request cannot be met and has agreed to settle for a ball point pen.

Top Bottom