Rollerball kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonyloam

Why is it there are no retractable rollerball kits? Is there something about the rollerball refills that make it unsuitable for either a twist or click pen? Just wondering because I really like the way they feel and write.:confused:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Emery

It will dry out but I made two Sierra pens for a colleague and she uses them enough that she has to change her cartridges with the same frequency that I do with my capped pen. I think if the pen is used a lot then a noticeable difference in cartridge life is negligible.

OOPS

I might add that there have been improvements in rollerball technology as well. I have seen claims that Schmidt rollerball refills can be left exposed for a year without drying out. I have never tried to verify this. Also, both Schmidt and Private Reserve have Parker style refills that are supposed to simulate a rollerball. I know that Indy Pen Dance has them and probably others do too. I have no personal experience with these either, although my friends have used them with success. Using these refills, it would be entirely possible to have a click style pen that writes like a rollerball. The people at Indy Pen Dance could provide more information on this subject, I am sure.

Top Bottom