Rollerball/Fountain/Pencil advice needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dwasson

I am just getting into selling some of what I turn. I have a co-worker who is describing what she wants, and she is talking about a Jr. Gent II type of Rollerball & Fountain set. Great, I can handle that. Then she adds, I would also like a pencil in the same set. I looked at CSUSA and see that the Jr. Gentleman (not II) has a pencil available. I haven't done the Jr. Gent yet, is that a decent set? Is there another recommendation? I did a little searching at Berea, but have never purchased from there.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks

Dan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

broitblat

I am not particularly fond of any of the pencils available to us as kits, but the Jr Gent is probably as good as any of them. They also have a ballpoint, but note that the bushings, etc. for these are different than the Jr Gent II series.

-Barry

jskeen

Well, in theory it's that simple, in practice the schmidt inserts can require a bit of fiddling with to get them working in a given pen. But yes, you can eventually turn almost all parker refill pens into .7 or .5mm pencils with that.

Lenny

Well, in theory it's that simple, in practice the schmidt inserts can require a bit of fiddling with to get them working in a given pen. But yes, you can eventually turn almost all parker refill pens into .7 or .5mm pencils with that.

and the alternative is ?? .. as in the Jr. Gent ... is it a seperate Jr. Gent pencil kit or an add-on to the normal, say rollerball Jr.Gent? :confused:

jskeen

I would guess that the alternative would be for somebody that can make a kitless FP to part out a jr gent rollerball kit, and fabricate something based around a pentel mech. Would probably require access to and some skill with a metal lathe. And I believe that the jr gent pencil is the same kit as the jr gent ballpoint, just with a schmitt mech instead of the parker refill.

Top Bottom