Rollerball Click pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gnome De Pen

:bananen_smilies068:Does anyone know of a click pen kit that will accept a rollerball refill. I have a customer that is looking for one. If not, is there a rollerball refill that will fit in a standard click pen kit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Talltim

It is my understanding that you will not generally find that because of the liquid nature of the ink in a rollerball. It needs to be capped to keep the ink from drying out.

gtriever

I'd ask them to try a Schmidt EasyFlow to see if they like it. I was surprised to see how close it is to rollerball performance.

magpens

The rollerball refill is about 0.4" longer than the Parker ballpoint refill.
The rollerball refill also has a tiny plug insert at the top end.

If you were to cut "about" 0.4" off, and replace the plug insert, it would fit .....

..... HOWEVER .....

1) the design of the spring end of the refill is different and the spring may not fit right
2) you may have to make a thin cylinder of plastic/metal for the spring end to work right
3) ... AND ... the nib end will be exposed in the ballpoint design and the ink will dry out
4) ... AND ... the exposed/uncapped nib end might leak rollerball ink into pocket/whatever

So, although the rollerball refill could possibly be physically made to fit, this may NOT be desirable

A better approach would be the high quality Schmidt refill mentioned above.
There may be other refills that will also work; consider Uni-Ball #207.

Last edited:

KenV

I have several shirts with large ink stains from wicking from rollerballs. One reason for caps is the stains are hard to remove and one needs a limited number of shirts suitable to wear while painting.

I have adapted a rollerball to click as a challenge, but there is not a replacement schema and a one time use pen is not going to be especially sales attractive. And if put away with the tip out, there is the wicking potential.

budnder

Obviously I'm not your customer, but I went down a similar path last year ( Rollerball Click Clone thread ), and ended up deciding a Parker 9000 refill was close enough to a rollerball. I haven't given up completely on a custom clicker with a rollerball, but it's on the "when I have time" list.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
There are, as mentioned by others, ball point refills that wright about as smoothly as rollerball pens there are also gel ballpoint refills that write very smoothly. And rollerball pens really do need to be capped.
:bananen_smilies068:Does anyone know of a click pen kit that will accept a rollerball refill. I have a customer that is looking for one. If not, is there a rollerball refill that will fit in a standard click pen kit?

Top Bottom