rollerball in a ballpoint kit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fafow

I have a customer who uses a capless rollerball and his preference is for me to make him a pen that would allow him to use this refill. He does not want to mess with a cap if at all possible. The problem is that the refill he uses is shorter. His refill is 3-7/8 inches and hte Schmidt 5888 rollerballs are 4-3/8 inches. He uses a retro 51 Tornado rollerball pen and says the rollerball is the best he has ever used. He tried the Schimdt 5888 and is okay with switching cartridges but wants a pen with no cap to hassle with. He is aware that this rollerball is guaranteed to not dry out for one year, but after that there is no guarantee. He is fine with that. He runs through rollerball cartridges in less than one year. Does anyone know of a ballpoint pen kit that could be modified to take the Schmidt rollerball?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

The parker refill is 3-7/8 also, so I'd grab a refill and try it on one of your parker pens and see if it works. The shape of the refill is a bit different so it may work or may not.

OKLAHOMAN

The pilot G2 rollerball refill will work in the Sierra click and you won't need that metal extension.....

fafow

Mike,

I was thinking on my drive in to work this morning that if the parker refill is a bit longer I could always just shorten the tube, but if it is the same size, then I'm home free. I have a cigar pen with me so will check his refill with that pen today.

Top Bottom