Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BassBlaster

I feel like I'm ready to get into some higher end pens. Not quite ready to get into kitless or even fountains for that matter but at least something with a cap.

I have only used Berea as a supplier but looking around on thier site at thier rollerball kits, it looks like everything only comes in gold or chrome. I dont mind using chrome components but I'm trying to get away from gold or "upgrade gold". What are some rollerball kits you guys like?

I hear alot about the Jr Gent kits and I went to CSUSA site and they look nice but everything is unavailable.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Try the Jr Gent II kits. They are nice and CSUSA has them as well as member sites such as exoticsblanks.com, classicnib.com, and indy~pen~dance.com has something similar to the Jr. Gent which is the Jr. Retro.

David

BassBlaster

Try the Jr Gent II kits. They are nice and CSUSA has them as well as member sites such as exoticsblanks.com, classicnib.com, and indy~pen~dance.com has something similar to the Jr. Gent which is the Jr. Retro.

David
Thanks, the Jr Gent II is whats unavailable at CSUSA. I'll check the other places you listed.

BassBlaster

It tells me that they are available. Jr Gentlemens II Rollerball Pen Kit - Woodturners Catalog - Woodworking tools and supplies specializing in woodturning.=

Is there a particular model that I missed that you want?

Also, you can't go wrong with any of our member vendors as many of them give free stuff with an order of any size, AND they all have great service!

David
Nope, you didnt miss anything, apparently I did, lol.

Ive spent the last hour looking around at exotics site. Very cool place. They are a touch cheaper so I'll probably place an order there. I was also looking at some of the kits they sell that I have been using from Berea and wonder how they sell it cheaper than Berea does? I dunno, but I may have found a new supplier!!

EricJS

David
Thanks, the Jr Gent II is whats unavailable at CSUSA. I'll check the other places you listed.

The 3 vendors listed above are top notch in customer service and they continually offer assistance & advice here on the forum. When you're ready to make fountain pens, they are ready to help (along with the rest of us.):)

Check out their Jr. Statesman II rollerballs. That's a very classy pen, too.:biggrin:

paintspill

i won't offer pen kit names cause they all seem to change across the border but i will second the comment that many of the roller ball kits have a fountain pen counter parts and from my experience the nibs that come with are of good quality. try it, you'll like it

Sylvrbck

It tells me that they are available. Jr Gentlemens II Rollerball Pen Kit - Woodturners Catalog - Woodworking tools and supplies specializing in woodturning.=

Is there a particular model that I missed that you want?

Also, you can't go wrong with any of our member vendors as many of them give free stuff with an order of any size, AND they all have great service!

David
Nope, you didnt miss anything, apparently I did, lol.

Ive spent the last hour looking around at exotics site. Very cool place. They are a touch cheaper so I'll probably place an order there. I was also looking at some of the kits they sell that I have been using from Berea and wonder how they sell it cheaper than Berea does? I dunno, but I may have found a new supplier!!

Let me second what was said about exotics - they are great to deal with. Also if you are thinking about a fountain pen, they have very reasonable prices on nib upgrades.

PenPal

Just noticed the comments on Jnr Gents, they are currently 4.00 Aus line ball with US Dollars incredible times for delivery and delivery rates from Timberbits.com David has an enviable reputation for his customer service and appreciation, travels a lot to his sources continually seeking and consolidating, buys whole logs for veneer and pen blanks sources.

I was going to let this go however members are continually sharing their experiences and this is my experience.

Also I believe he David has been instrumental in raising the bar on sales and service with recognition for Pen Makers around the world particularly with the name of our Forum

INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION PENTURNERS.

Kind regards Peter.

Top Bottom