Rollerball?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dl351

Hello. Does a roller ball pen need to be a "capped" pen? That is, can a twist pen use a roller ball refill, or will the refill dry up? Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hello. Does a roller ball pen need to be a "capped" pen? That is, can a twist pen use a roller ball refill, or will the refill dry up? Thanks.

Absolutely--maybe!

There are a couple rollerball refills made that claim to be "capless". I tried them a couple years ago and was unimpressed. Some people say they are great (customers).

IF anyone here thinks they work great, I would love to know what brand. So, we will both learn something, I suspect!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hi, the PSI slimline pro is a gel click pen so I guess clicks are ok. My wife always uses hers dry long before the gel has had time to dry up.

OOPS....sorry I misread your question...her pen isn't a rollerball.

Last edited:

Buzzzz4

I've had good success with the Schmidt Superbowl capless refill. It claims to have a 1 year cap off time. A couple of customers have them and love them. You can get them at The Golden Nib from Tony.

nava1uni

I use Parker gel refills in all of my pens and they write like a rollerball with this refill. I have never had one dry out on me and I carry one in my pocket all of the time. I have even had one that I haven't used for awhile, lost it in my pack back for about 3-4 months underneath the back seat of my Rav 4 and it wrote with no problems.

Top Bottom