Rollerball???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Can a rollerball replace the parker refills in any kit or all kits???

What kits can a gel refill be used in and is the best writing refill out there??

I guess what I am asking what is the step up from the standard refills supplied by the kits other than fountain ink??? Thanks.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimMc7

Easy Flow refills (think that's the name) from exoticblanks or Super Bowl 8900 refills from The Golden Nib. Both of them much smoother than kit ballpoint Parker-style refills.

DennisM

The easy flow, (private reserve 9000) from exoticblanks. Its a ballpoint with the writing smoothness of a rollerball without the smuging of a rollerball.

GREAT INK! I sold two pens based solely on how the upgraded ink wrote

KenV

JT -- the Parker style in a twist or a click style is much more pocket safe than the rollerballs. Caps are there to protect the pen and to protect the pocket/purse from the dreaded ink stain blob.

My opinion, the Schmidt Roller balls are better than Hauser and the Pilot roller balls are quite popular. The Schmidt 9000 (also private labeled Private Reserve, etc) is a super refill.

In my order for roller balls ==
Schmidt 9000
Pilot
Other Schmidt
Uniball
Hauser
Other junk

Parker Style -- Check for wicking and if it wicks, don't use it (I have a stained shirt because I did not check)

Fisher Space refill -- This is what I carry in my pocket --Bullet Proof until empty. Spendy but very very good,

Non-Wicking gell refill. Pilot make some popular ones
Schmidt refills
Anything else that writes first try.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
John, all "Parker" kits can use both gel and ballpoint ink refills.

Ken's caution about ink bleeding in pocket/purse is important. I haven't tried the refills from exotic woods, though. I defer to the above references. Guess I need to try them.:biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Just to avoid confusion, the Schmidt and Private Reserve 9000 are refills for the ballpoint versions with the sawtooth top. They are said to contain rollerball type ink that will not need a cap.

Schmidt 888 and 5888 are rollerball refills, they do not have the sawtooth end.

ldb2000

My vote is for the Fisher space refills . They come ballpoint and rollerball styles . The special ink they use is very smooth writing and they don't leak . They are pressurized and will even write upside down . They are expensive but last a long time , well worth the difference in price .

jttheclockman

This is good info coming in. I am a little overwhelmed and confused but I am going to disect this. Ken said alot and I need to read through this again. I want to be able to offer my customers a choice or at least a suggestion that there is an upgrade. Had 2 people this weekend ask for fountain pens and I have yet to jump into this pool. I wanted to establish myself with the ballpoints first. I am not knowledable enough in the fountain pen dept.

I had a couple rollerballs in some click pens and a few people noticed that the rollerball does not drag as much as a ballpoint. That was their key words and that got me thinking about what I asked here. Thanks for the replys.

Top Bottom