Roller ball refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmchan

I am not happy with the rollerball ink cartridges that come with new kits. They stutter when they start. Do you all use the cartridges that come with the kits or do you have a preferred brand? The pens I have made are the Olympia and the Round Top Euro.

What refills are the best?

Rudy Vey

If you do a search, you will find a lot on this topic. I personally have had always luck with my ball point refills, i.e. Parker and Cross style refills that come with the kits - others differ.
The roller ball refills with Berea kits (Hausser) they suck big time. The Schmidt refill of CSUSA, are much better and I also buy them in bulk to give away free with a pen sold. There are good reviews of the Uniball and some Pilot G2 refills.
Roundtop Euro can take either Cross or Parker refill style, depending on the kit. I do know the Olympia, but I believe its a variation of the 7 mm Euro style.

JimGo

I have the Schmidt 5888 and really like it. I have another, too...it's a gel, but I can't remember who makes it (Cross, I think). I'll try to remember to post that for you when I get to work tomorrow.

gerryr

I'm having trouble with the question. The Olympia is a ballpoint, not a rollerball, and uses Cross refills. The round top Euro could be either a ballpoint or a rollerball. If it's a ballpoint it could use either a Cross or Parker type refill. If it is truly a rollerball, with a cap, it's a Berea kit and came with a Hauser refill. I agree with Rudy about these. I use Schmidt 888 rollerball refills and find them much more reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom