Rockler kit equivalent help needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

emsmith

I have the bushings for the round top European pen from Rockler and would like to turn some more of these. Does anyone know what the equivalent kit from Berea, CSUSA or PSI is? I've looked at all three and have found that and either the bushings don't match up or the drill size for preparing the blanks is different.

The bushings fit on a Berea A mandrel. Any help is greatly appreciated. I bought the bushings and pen kit at a local store because I needed them immediately and am now looking for a lower cost alternative to the Rockler kit.

Thanks,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dougle40

I would guess that just about any of the European or Mont Blanc pen kits should do as long as they require a 7mm hole for the tube . Just check out the sizes of the finials and CB's before you start and make any adjustments accordingly .

elody21

Are you talking about the 8mm European that the top unscrews instead of pulling it off? Berea does have an 8mm European but I do not know if it is the same.

emsmith

I believe so. The upper portion unscrews and it has a Parker style refill. All of the Berea kits that I've seen use the "B" mandrel. I'll have to check the tube size when I get to the shop tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom