Rockler Jr. Gent Problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

StatProf

Just seeing if any of you had this problem. I got a couple of Jr. Gents from Rockler with a coupon (buy one/get one). When I drilled out the cap (31/64), I couldn't get the brass in. I then redrilled the hole to 1/2 and the brass suddenly fit. Anyone else had this problem. I think that I just wasted a really nice piece of teak burl!

StatProf

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

I assume these are the same Jr Gents that are sold by CSU. If so, then a 12.5mm will provide a better fit for the tube than the 1/2"

igran7

This is the same kit as the CSUSA Jr. gent. Rockler has the measurments of the drill bit sizes wrong on both the website and the instructions. The top portion requires a 12.5 mm or 1/2" if you don't have the metric size. 10.5mm for the lower barrel, I personally use a 13/32 for the lower and it fits nicely. Hope this helps.

stevers

I use the 10.5 and 12.5 for the Jr. Gent II. CSUSA came out with a correction a couple of years ago and supplied the correct bits for the kits. If I remember correctly, they only had to correct one of the two. It's been too long.

W3DRM

Just seeing if any of you had this problem. I got a couple of Jr. Gents from Rockler with a coupon (buy one/get one). When I drilled out the cap (31/64), I couldn't get the brass in. I then redrilled the hole to 1/2 and the brass suddenly fit. Anyone else had this problem. I think that I just wasted a really nice piece of teak burl!

StatProf

If, in fact, the supplied instructions are incorrect, I'd give Rockler a call and tell them their instructions are wrong and that you'd like a replacement blank for the one that is ruined. Rockler has a pretty good reputation of working with their customers for the best resolution of an issue. It's at least worth a try. Just be courteous...

Top Bottom