Roadster retracting while writing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

INSierra

I recently sold a CSUSA Roadster to a customer. I assume these are similar to other slimline styles. When the customer writes with it, he stated that the refill will start to retract as he writes. When the refill is opened it does go all the way then sets. I am not sure if he is accidentally turning the top portion of the pen which causes it to retract. Hopefully that makes sense. Any suggestions on how to prevent this from occurring?

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick_G

I use a set of transfer punches to remove the transmission. A small one that will go through the transmission will knock out the tip then a larger one to knock out the transmission. I hold the pen in my hand sometimes with and sometimes without a leather glove. A series of sharp raps on the end of the punch will slowly knock out the tip and transmission. I use a set of transfer punches like these Search results for: 'transfer punch'

wyone

Harbor Freight has transfer punches at a good price. I agree.. while I know if I hit the punch hard it will get the sections out faster, it could damage the blank and then I would lose it all. So I hold it in my hand and use a series of firm raps and soon the sections come apart. Do it over a towel so the parts are easy to find and don't get damaged by falling ont the ground

Top Bottom