The 'right' insert for Statesman roller: I really need help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jgourlay

All, I really need a recommendation because I am at my wits end and my giftees are frustrated too.

I'm looking for an insert (blue and black) for statesman pens that WORKS. The schmidt insert that comes with the kit, and replacements I've found all have one apocalyptically aggravating behaviour.

That is....you use the pen to write on a sticky note ONCE, and the insert is shot. After that one time writing on a sticky note...the pen either no longer writes on anything, or requires substantial force that even then leaves skips and long blanks. Even using hulklike down force, the insert quits totally after a couple of sentences. I've tried Schmidt and Parker both.

On the other hand, the 15 other people in the meeting who are using a variety of $.25 plastic pens, have no problem moving from flawlessly from sticky note to notebook to copier paper. And I here I am, as are my giftees, with fabulously beautiful pens that won't write even after pressing hard, banging on the table, etc.

What do you suggest?

Last edited:

KenV

Joe. I think you are describing what you find at the office supply store labeled as a "refill"

Refills are interchangeable and hold the ink.

With the Statesman Pen, you are describing a roller ball.

I have found that the stock refill that comes with a kit usually have a short life, and replace them with a fresh new one.

Roller ball refills can dry out if stored uncovered

Try a fresh Schmidt 5888 refill.

Also see the current thread on the topic by TonyL.

Last edited:
Top Bottom