Rifle clip question for Eagle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

knottyharry

Hi Eagle,
You mentioned the rifle clip from CSUSA in another post.
You said you liked the detail on it better.
My question to you is, at the top of the clip is it any beefier where the rifle connects to the top. Verses the one from PSI?
Thanks
Harry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
NOt sure what you mean by "beefier" As a matter of faact one thig I dislike about the PAI clip is the thickness of the part the stud goes through.
On the PSI clip I feel it is too thick.I have had on occaision had a few problems where I needed to use the chamfering tool after milling the blank.In these instances,there was not enough of the correct diameter of the tube for the stud to be "seated" in. It would go in but the thickness of the PSI "ring" at teh top og the clip prohibited it for inserting far enough.
The CSUSA clips have a "ring" on them that is closer to the thickness of a regular clip.With the "Design your own pen" option,the clip comes supplied with a "stud" it appears to be longer.
I will see if I have any that have not been assembled and post pictures later if you like.

knottyharry

Hi Eagle,
I know what you mean about the ring being a little too thick.
I'll try to be a little more specific in my question.
At the end of the rifle barrel..it gets pretty narrow where it connects to the ring. Almost seems too thin right in that location. Like it would be easy to break it right there. I don't know if the CSUSA one is as thin or not. (That is what I meant about beefier)
Thanks
Harry

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I haven't had any break. Where I have run into a problem was not enough clearance if I made the top barrel too wide.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Eagle,

I hate it when that happens!!

But, I decide where I want the clip to hit the grain on the top section, mark the inside of the tube there, get out my CA (thick), drop one drop in the top and spread quickly with toothpick, insert clip and top assy. and hold with pen press or clamp, for an hour or so. Don't assemble the pen for about a day or it may leave a white film on some of the components (doesn't seem to have any effect, but looks poor).

I suspect YOU have already figured this out, but it may help some of the members who are a few hundred pens behind you.[:D]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Quandry time.
Ed I am not sure how that helps anything.If the barrel is too wide the clip doesn't "work"I don't like "bent" rifle barrels.
please explain

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Eagle,
I misunderstood apparently. I thought you were saying the thickness of the ring on the rifle clip is larger than the thickness of a normal clip ring. I have encountered this problem.

I am also aware of the clip being designed at a 90 degree angle or, in some cases, slightly acute. I have "dealt with" this problem by elongating the back of the clip ring (make the part the stud goes thru slightly oval) with a dremel tool grinder. The cap goes over this and it does not show (much). This will allow a little more room if you have chosen to leave more material than the clip would normally allow. If you find a better solution, please advise. This has room for improvement.

If I am still missing the point, sorry.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
HAdn't thought of the "elongated "hole" will keep that in mind.
I have seen the barrel"notched" for the clip. Just have not had the need to do it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom