Rifle Cartridge Pen Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigguyZ

I remember seeing pen kits online that were made from spent rifle shells. I don't remember the store that had them, and now I can't find them. Does anyone know where to find these kits?

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

There aren't any actual kits for cartridge pens. Most people use a slimline kit and a 30 caliber casing, like 308 or 30-06. If you look in the individual classifieds, there may be someone selling the casings with tubes already inserted. Gary Max was selling some a while back and still have some.

its_virgil

Wow! That would make the making of cartridge pens so easy. I have 3 kits that were purchased in Australia and given to me by Dick Sing but I've never seen any cartridge kits here in the US nor can any of my friends in Australia find them. I do hope you can find some and let the rest of us know...or do a group buy and invite us to join. Those of us who make cartridge pens use real cartridges (brass and or the lead bullet) and adapt them to our available pen kits. There is lots of info here on how that is done. Some searching should be reveal that info. Cozee has a tutorial on http://www.thepenshop.net I thought it was here but I've not been able to find it. Maybe someone will help locate it here. Here is the file on TPS if it is not found here:
http://www.thepenshop.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4692&PN=1
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by BigguyZ
<br />I remember seeing pen kits online that were made from spent rifle shells. I don't remember the store that had them, and now I can't find them. Does anyone know where to find these kits?

Thanks!

its_virgil

Sorry Gary. I've not seen any (from the usual pen kit sources)except the ones Gary sells. His are ready to use and look great also. Give'em a try.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Gary Max
<br />Heck------ I sell a bunch of them right here at IAP.
I keep them on hand ready to ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom