rifle cartridge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

owlelope

I had a lady ask me about taking rifle cartridges that were used in a 21 gun salute at Arlington National Cemetery and making pens for her. I don't have any experience in putting tubes in rifle cartridges and I don't want to mess them up. Is there anyone out there that would be interested in doing them for me? Please private message me so that I can get an idea of what it will cost so that I can quote her a price.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

I made a run of pens using the casing from the honor guard at my fathers services (WWII vet). The fired blanks were a bit of challenge but reloading dies did the job. I used the parts available from Wood-N-Whimsies to assemble the pens.

I made the tops of ebony and was able to get Eric (Sylvanite) laser inscribe and powder coat the casings. Put into boxes engraved by Ken Nelson, they went to his kids and grand kids - Used Gold titanium slimline hardware, and used the pen nib because of the crease failure point on the end crimps.

When the dust settled, I was in it for about $70 a finished pen and had a 70% success from the starting brass. The cost includes no labor on my part.

Top Bottom