Revisting OOR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gomeral

I've been having more OOR problems, lately. :mad: I'm working on it, though, when I have time. I've talked to JohnnyCNC and am expecting some between-center bushings, so none of that! :rolleyes:

Has anyone used the taper alignment tool from Packard Woodworks? It seems like it might be a good option for me to try. I have the Jet 1014VS (the headstock is held in place with 4 socket head machine screws) and I'm thinking of adjusting it but have no idea how to measure the adjustment to be made, other than trial and error. This looks like it would work, and the price is right...

Can't find anything that says I can't link to a commercial site, and since I'm doing it to show an item to ask for input (rather than selling), I'm going to try it - moderators, please delete/move/let me know if there is a problem.

http://tinyurl.com/bv2nhg

daniel

Last edited:

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Daniel,

I have the Jet 1236, which can be used for outboard turning. Although I don't choose to use that feature much anymore, I use the tool you linked to fairly regularly to make sure I am in alignment. Also, I bring the dead center and live center together and check the alignment that way.

So, yes, I consider mine a decent investment.

Top Bottom