Reverse Painting Inquiry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kooster

Is there some sort of accepted standard relative to painting tubes v. blanks or is it a matter of personal preference and what type of glue is being used? What effect does a darker tube v. a lighter tube have on the color of the blank? Thanks for any info/feedback.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

The links Jim gave you should have a lot of useful info. There is no perfect answer. My only big hint is to avoid white unless you really want a certain effect. In almost all cases, white will wash out the color of the pen.

I use a medium sliver when I'm not sure.

plano_harry

I didn't take the time to fully check Jim's threads, but one cool idea I saw here is to turn down the scrap end of the blank to approximate diameter, drill the scrap and part off. He painted a 10" piece of tube with black, white, red, blue, yellow...strips. Then he could slide the scrap sleeve up and down the tube to see which color looked best for that blank. That is more work than I typically want to do, but it is the ultimate way to choose your color.

Donovan

I use the color cards that I get from the paint shop. I buy the tester bottles of acrylic paint(smallest size available) and take the same color test cards which I just roll up and push in to the drilled blank. Works for me

Donovan

Top Bottom