Reverse paint Trust stone?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reiddog1

Quick question? Do you need to reverse paint Tru stone? Finally gonna try my luck at em and was just wondering. Thanks in advance.

Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TwoCatsPens

If you check over at Beartoothwoods.com I believe that Ernie has an opacity for each one listed and if it needs to be painted or not. I think for most of them it isn't required, but I'm not sure. I do recall one that I did where I painted it and did a second pen (same type same blank) and didn't see any difference.

You can think of it this way, if you paint it and it's not needed, no harm done.

Steve

76winger

I don't know which TruStone colors need painting and which don't, but most of the ones I've used have not needed it. If Ernie has a chart over at BTW as Steve mentioned, it'd be worth checking out!

TwoCatsPens

I don't know which TruStone colors need painting and which don't, but most of the ones I've used have not needed it. If Ernie has a chart over at BTW as Steve mentioned, it'd be worth checking out!

It's not a "Chart" as such, but each of the descriptions has a section called "Opacity" and shows if it needs painting or not. He also has them broken down into Easy / Medium / Hard in terms of turning. Just select one blank, it will say Easy - Med - Hard in the description, You click on E / M / H and it brings up all the ones in that group.

Probably an easier way, just the way I know to do it. :tongue:

Steve

Top Bottom