Respirator with CA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

I Use an organic type respirator. Plus a fan blows across the area where I'm working. I'm very susceptible to CA fumes, and this has worked fairly well. I've had a few bouts with CA fumes. I wake up a few nights later, and I can not breathe through my nose. I mean not at all. It takes a few days to clear up.

Even if you use a respirator, you can get CA fumes into your sinuses through your eyes. So that's why I now use a fan. Plus, when the weather cooperates, I have the garage door open. I rarely do CA finishes anymore.

Old Codger

Since I can't deal with CA fumes, irregular finishes, etc., I've switched to Wood Turners Turners Finish and love it! No fumes, easy application, durable finish, etc.,etc. the only problem I see with the finish is that it does take longer to finish and cure, usually over night... I know, this will probably eliminate 'professional' turners who must run on production rather than just a 'hobby' but for we 'hobby' turners, it's much safer, and results in a great and durable finish...IMHO... Safe turnering to all and safe breathing tooo!!!

Top Bottom