resin molds

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dscott

if i was going to make my own molds out of wood and use foil to line them what release agent do i need too use.
I have access to some sheete of plastic if i used it they would mot stick right
any help i need it all

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elody21

I use very cheap vaseline. It works great! I have used wooden pieces for various reasons in casting resin and all I do is place the vaseline on the wood! Lots of it. it has always come off.

J. Fred Muggs

You don't necessarily need to use a release agent if you use foil as a liner. Just turn it off. Only problem is you don't get to but the top side of the blank before you turn of=r saw or something.

alamocdc

No such thing as a dumb question, David, except the one you failed to ask. It's just that a number of us (like me) have a tendency to fat finger the keyboard (I never took typing) and even though we know what we mean, it just doesn't come out right in the post. Bottom line: sometimes you have to ry and read between the lines... or at least try and read the mind of the poster. [:p]

J. Fred Muggs

Sorry about the confusion, David.
<b>"I know that you think you understood what you thought you heard me say. But, I'm not sure that what you heard is what I really meant."</b>[:eek:)]

'round here we just refer to that as Sheet 1A. It's the corrollary to Sheet 1 which says <b>"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS."</b>[:eek:)]

Being old and fat fingered is rough!

Anyway Billy did understand what I meant in spite of what I said and did a good job of explaining for me. Thanks, Billy[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom