Reproducing 1940s style pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wolf-Sword

OK question for everyone my other hobby other then woodworking is reenacting. I reenact 2 different eras 1630's so it's quill pens for that era but I also do world war 2 US army airborne (and I jumped out of an airplane as it was in flight, all for a hobby :eek:)
So I'm looking to make a few pens that looked like they were from that time, can any one point me in the direction of what was around, both as to styles and colors?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
If you visit the Fountain Pen Network, you will find lots of photos of vintage pens there. I like to make pens that are similar to the style.

Attachments

• IMG_1101.JPG
    IMG_1101.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_1107.JPG
    IMG_1107.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 223

Akula

pick a unit from WW2 and do a nice one...82nd or 101...then unit colors, patch lot of options

felt tip markers started sometime during the 1940's

"We Love the Night life"

IPD_Mr

There were three basic pens used predominately by the military during WWII. (In no specific order)

Esterbrook Dollar pen.
Esterbrook J
Sheaffer Military Clip which was found on the Balance, Valiant, Vigilant, Defender and Commandant models.
Parker 51 - Which was used by Eisenhower

OOPS

Woodcraft's Retro kit is supposed to be their take on a 1940s pen, I think the original was called the Duralast? Other dealers sell a Retro, but its not the same kit as Woodcraft's Retro.

Top Bottom