Replacing/Changing Nib

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

MPoeller

I was just wondering if anyone has ever changed or replaced a nib on one of their fountain pens? I have a couple of Barron pens that I would like to go to a smaller point. Do any of you have a reference for fountain pen repair or how to replace a nib?

It is interesting that you cannot purchase a pen with that in mind. I get a catalog from Fahrney's pens and this seems to be a standard. Most "high quality", mine are better, you can choose the nib that you would like on your pen.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
You can purchase a fine or extrafine from Berea Hardwoods or CSU for about $4.50. Here is the link to the CSU nibs that fit both the Baron and Jr Gents
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper

All it takes it unscrewing the nib that is in there and screwing in the new nib... if you are looking to really do an upgrade take a look at Anthony's solid gold nibs....

PenWorks

Matthew, I addvertise my nibs in the business classifieds here, not on my web site.
I only stock them in a medium writing point. If you want a finer point, you or someone else would have to regrind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom