Replacement Tubes and parts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikegibs

Hey all,

I have a couple of kits that - well - I messed up. Does anyone know where I can get replacement parts without having to "buy" a whole kit? I have seen the straight tubes, but not the tapered (which is the last set I botched). I also bent a pencil cylinder...

Thanks, Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Malainse

Will need to know what the "Kits" are that you messed up... Then we can point you in the direction of replacement tubes ect..

Rifleman1776

Messin up is part of the equation. Keep the parts and move on. Buy new kits and save your left-overs for future disasters. It's part of the game. Do factor in your losses in your pricing formula.

mikegibs

Thanks for the responses. The kits we're PSI Slimline Pencil and their Designer Elite with Tapered Tubes. Since I've VERY new to turning (got lathe as a gift in last May), I figured it was part of the learning curve. Just thought I'd check to see if more experience brains new something I didn't.

Mike G.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I mess up all the time esp when trying something new or tricky. I now buy the 10 inch slimline tubes to play with. But before, and still for non- SL I would just turn off all the material off the tube to save it and start again. I would imagine that you would really have to wreck the tube pretty badly to make it unsalvageable[;)][:D]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Originally posted by JimM
<br />
Originally posted by skiprat
<br />I now buy the 10 inch slimline tubes to play with. [;)][:D]

Why do you get them in 10" lengths?

[Oops! on edit]

I meant to ask Where do you...?

Jim, First the 'where', I buy them from a UK online company that re-sells PSI stuff so I'm sure you can get the tubes from them.

Now the 'why'. I can do full length pens, I can cast a full length blanks and cut them to length, they are much cheaper and previously I found that some different 7mm kits had different length tubes and I couldn't get the correct spares.
You can get other sizes as well. I first saw them when I visited Mark Ligget.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom