Replacement Tubes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rkm6460

One of my most popular pens is the PSI pen/pencil combo (http://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKCOMBO2.html). I have a couple that gave me problem on gluing the tube, and have now bought replacement 3/8 tubes from PSI as well as Woodturningz and they DO NOT WORK. It appears the ID is too small for slide over the mechanism. These kits are $10 a pop, so not being able to salvage when you have a problem is a bit frustrating. Anyone have any ideas or other vendors to look at? The replacement packs from both vendors mentioned were $10 apiece, so I should of just bought a couple of additional kits.:mad:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
If you only got the tube part way in you can cut off the section of the tube sticking out of the blank and stick it in the other end. Sometimes when a tube is cut the end turns in and needs to be slightly reamed so it fits. Also a word of caution, pencil kits in general don't last too long without having issues with the lead not advancing.

Bobalu

If it's just a matter of taking off a little of the material inside the tube, you could take a 1/4" dowel, and cut a slot in the end to hold a small piece of emory cloth. Roll the emory cloth around the dowel until it is tight enough to fit inside the tube. Chuck the dowel into a power drill and spin the emory cloth inside the tube until you've enlarged the tube ID to the required diameter.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
question

One of my most popular pens is the PSI pen/pencil combo (http://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKCOMBO2.html). I have a couple that gave me problem on gluing the tube, and have now bought replacement 3/8 tubes from PSI as well as Woodturningz and they DO NOT WORK. It appears the ID is too small for slide over the mechanism. These kits are $10 a pop, so not being able to salvage when you have a problem is a bit frustrating. Anyone have any ideas or other vendors to look at? The replacement packs from both vendors mentioned were $10 apiece, so I should of just bought a couple of additional kits.:mad:

Did you ask PSI specifically for replacement tubes for that kit? If not I would call them and do so. They probably have some if they are different from their regular 3/8th kit and they often have parts that are not in their catalog.

rkm6460

Resolution

PSI gave me a return authorization for the tubes I purchased, and are going to send me some spare parts from their pen kits and let whoever needs to know about the size difference. Makes me feel a bit better about PSI...I have been dealing mostly with Woodturningz as I got really fed up with PSI's customer service on earlier issues.

Top Bottom