Replacement tube question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KnB Polymers

I have a pack of 10 mm "Classic" brass tubes. I don't know how we got them unless the wrong tubes were sent at one time. I look them up on the PSI site and it says they are "black classic" pen replacement tubes. I cannot find a "black classic" pen kit. Do they fit any of the "classic" kits from PSI? I have asked them, but have gotten no response. Part number is PAR10RT5T.
If anyone can help, thank you SO much!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Kathy:
These are tubes that must be cut to length for Big Ben Cigar pens and several other PSI models that use 10mm tubes that PSI doesn't sell exact length replacement for.

I sometimes uses these to make custom pens. PSI also does this with 7mm, 8mm, 3/8 tubes because they also do not offer exact length replacement tubes for several of their models.

I'll bet you ordered them thinking you were ordering exact length tubes and they shipped these, instead.

Last edited:

KnB Polymers

Hey Andy,
Actually they are exactly 2 inches in length, not the generic sized tubes.

Here's a pic I just took with my phone.

psiclassictubes.jpg

Bobalu

These would fit the PSI "Classic Rollerball or Fountain Pen" kits. Good for the 2" lower tube, but could be cut down to 1 5/8" for the upper tube.

Don't confuse these with their "Classic Twist Pen" as it is an 8mm tube.

Last edited:

Bobalu

Thank you guys for helping.
Sounds like a candidate for polymer after the upper tube is cut to size. LOL!

Please check the instructions before you cut for the shorter tube. I do tend to loose focus at times, and could have given you the wrong dimension on the shorter tube. :biggrin:

It looks to me like PSI has gone to a "one size fits all" type of system for replacement tubes. Every kit they make that takes a 10mm tube now has the same part number for replacement tubes...... PKT10-6. Maybe they are trying to drive up sales for their mini cutoff saw. :wink:

PenMan1

Gotta love PSI! I have this same part number and mine are 10 inch, 10mm tubes, lol!

With cutting, the tubes you picture should fit the traditional rollerball/FPs and Big Ben cigars!

They MUST BE trying to boost sales for the cut off saws.

Top Bottom