Replacement Spring For JR. Gent?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
I was working on a JR. Gent (from timberbits) this morning and I found that I had two sets of components but only one spring. I checked all my other components but could not find it. The spring is approx. 12.02mm long 6.47mm at the wide end and 5.13mm at the narrow end. Does anyone know were I might get a replacement spring. I'll try timberbits but it takes such a long time to get things. I hoping to find someplace in the states.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dick Mahany

You might be able to use a Triton spring. Beartooth Woods has them and ships fast. I just compared one from a Triton and Jr Gent. The diameters are about the same, however the Triton is a little shorter at 9mm. You could possibly stretch one or get two and cut one down to make up the length.

jcm71

Jr. Gent I or II? Some of my Jr. Gent II fountain pen sets came with a spring. If you have any of those sets, check them. Otherwise I have four from completed fountain pens. PM me if you need one.

John

Dick Mahany

Springs

Just for comparison, here are the springs that I mentioned in the earlier reply. From left to right.....Triton, Jr Gent, Vail (all postable)

Attachments

• Spring.jpg
    Spring.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 58

glenspens

\If all you have is one that is to short make a spacer and put in behind the spring, i have used spacers for people that don't want so much flex in the refill when they use the pen....

Top Bottom